Ph.D. at Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Tübingen, Germany (2020-now)
📭 Email: email@example.com
📁 Google Scholar / 👩🎓 CV
I am an enthusiastic NLP researcher and effective altruist. I am a PhD in NLP and Causality with Bernhard Schoelkopf at Max Planck Institute, Tuebingen, Germany, and also a research scientist intern with Amazon AI supervised by Prof Zheng Zhang. I am in the meantime mentored by Prof Rada Mihalcea from University of Michigan, and Prof Mrinmaya Sachan at ETH. My dream is to be a professor and actively promote AI for social good. To this end, I am organizing the 1st workshop of NLP for Positive Impact at ACL 2021, and 1st workshop on RobustAI at ICLR 2021. I am also engaged in Effective Altruism, a social movement to involve people in doing good with high efficiency. Previously, I obtained my bachelor’s degree (1st Class Honors) from the University of Hong Kong. [More info]
Here is a list of topics I work on:
- Text Generation TextGen: Text style transfer; KG-to-text generation; adversarial generation (for NLP robustness Robust).
- Information Extraction IE: Relation Extraction (RE); Named Entity Recognition (NER).
- Medical AI Medical: NER on clinical notes; clinical outcome prediction.
- Causality & Language: Two ongoing projects in this promising virgin field.
- I also have a growing interest in philosophy, epistemology, and how to improve the political system. Feel free to contact me for interdisciplinary research.
- Dec 27, 2020: I will present our EMNLP 2020 paper ABSA robustness at CSSNLP seminar.
- Dec 18, 2020: I presented two papers at the INLG 2020 workshop, WebNLG+.
- Dec 12, 2020: Our RobustAI workshop is accepted to ICLR 2021!
- Dec 6-11, 2020: I am attending NeurIPS, and COLING. Happy to grab a chat!
- Nov 21, 2020: We achieved the 1st place at the INLG 2020 workshop, WebNLG+. Plus, our second paper, CycleGT, is admitted to the workshop too.
- Nov 17, 2020: Our ABSA robustness paper is presented at EMNLP 2020!
- Nov 7, 2020: Our 1st workshop on NLP for Positive Impact is accepted to ACL@2021!
- Sept 30, 2020: 1 paper accepted to COLING 2020: GenWiki, an unsupervised graph-to-text dataset with 1.3M data.
- For more news, please check here.
For the .bib file of my publications, please check here.
Robust Is BERT Really Robust? A Strong Baseline for Natural Language Attack on Text Classification and Entailment
Di Jin*, Zhijing Jin*, Tianyi Joey Zhou, Peter Szolovits
AAAI 2020 (20.6%) / Paper / Code / Slides / Poster / MIT News / ACM TechNews / WeVolver / VentureBeat / Synced (Chinese)
CogSci Prediction of Story Ending with Optimistic and Pessimistic Mindsets
Zhijing Jin, Prof. Patrick Winston (1943-2019)
Tool Word Representations for Computing Semantic Relatedness
Zhijing Jin, Xiaolong Gong, Linpeng Huang
In contribution to the AAAI 2018 paper.
Tutorial & Survey
NLP Graph Neural Net Applications for Natural Language Processing
Xipeng Qiu, Zhijing Jin, Xiangkun Hu