I am an enthusiastic NLP researcher and effective altruist. I am currently doing research with Amazon AI, and I will soon start my PhD with Bernhard Schoelkopf at Max Planck Institute in Fall 2020. My dream is to be a professor and actively promote AI for social good. To this end, I am engaged in Effective Altruism, a social movement to involve people in doing good with high efficiency. Previously, I obtained my bachelor’s degree (1st Class Honors) from the University of Hong Kong. [More info]
Here is a list of topics I work on:
- Text Generation TextGen: Text style transfer; adversarial generation (for NLP robustness Robust).
- Information Extraction IE: Relation Extraction (RE); Named Entity Recognition (NER).
- Medical AI Medical: NER on clinical notes; clinical outcome prediction.
- Causality & Language
- I also have a growing interest in philosophy, epistemology, and how to improve the political system. Feel free to contact me for interdisciplinary research.
- July 6-8, 2020: I presented my paper, Hooks in the Headline, at ACL 2020.
- June 6-7, 2020: Attended the Berkeley-organized CHAI Workshop towards safer AI.
- For more news, please check here.
Robust Tasty Burgers, Soggy Fries: Probing Aspect Robustness in Aspect-Based Sentiment Analysis
Xiaoyu Xing*, Zhijing Jin*, Di Jin, Bingning Wang, Qi Zhang, Xuanjing Huang
TextGen An Effective Approach to Semi-Supervised Domain Adaptation for Machine Translation
Di Jin, Zhijing Jin, Tianyi Joey Zhou, Peter Szolovits
IE Relation of the Relations: A New Paradigm of the Relation Extraction Problem
Zhijing Jin*, Yongyi Yang*, Xipeng Qiu, Zheng Zhang
Robust Is BERT Really Robust? A Strong Baseline for Natural Language Attack on Text Classification and Entailment
Di Jin*, Zhijing Jin*, Tianyi Joey Zhou, Peter Szolovits
AAAI 2020 (20.6%) / Paper / Code / Slides / Poster / MIT News / ACM TechNews / WeVolver / VentureBeat / Synced (Chinese)
CogSci Prediction of Story Ending with Optimistic and Pessimistic Mindsets
Zhijing Jin, Prof. Patrick Winston (1943-2019)
Tool Word Representations for Computing Semantic Relatedness
Zhijing Jin, Xiaolong Gong, Linpeng Huang
In contribution to the AAAI 2018 paper.